The House of Light Church is founded upon Matthew 5:16. Our fellowship strives to minister in a non-judgmental, non-traditional, non-segregated manner that leads members out of darkness into Christ’s beautiful light. We do this by actively guiding people to achieve their best lives by making positive changes in body, mind, and spirit.
We envision our members living joyful, spiritually enlightened lives, that fulfill their purpose, align them with the will of Christ for their lives, and encourage them to do good works. We help our members achieve this by providing gentle guidance, unconditional love, transparent communications, and Biblically based teaching and support.
† We are a House of Light;
† We are the light of the world.
† People come to God through seeing our good works
† We do not judge, instead we love;
† We are not intolerant, instead we extend grace;
† We are not about religion, instead we are about relationship;
† We are blessed and not cursed;
† We are the chosen of God, but we walk in humility;
† We believe God in our lives makes us better people each day;
† We choose to believe in the Bible;
† We seek wisdom and we seek to grow in grace;
† We walk by faith and not by sight or feel;
† We believe in the power of music ministry to lift us as we worship God through praise;
† We believe in the healing power of God;
† We praise God through the good and bad, knowing he is with us in both.
† We do these things in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe in the Bible as the inspired and infallible written Word of God.
- We believe there is one Supreme God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through sincere repentance and contrition and faith in the cleansing power of the precious Blood of Christ Jesus.
- We believe baptism by the Holy Ghost is essential for personal salvation, and according to Acts 2:4 is given to believers upon their confession to salvation.
- We cbelieve the fullness of the manifestation of the Holy Spirit occurs as one sanctifies themselves, according to 2 Timothy 2:21; Ephesians 3:16-19.
- We believe the redemptive work of Christ on the Cross provides spiritual, physical, and mental healing in answer to believing prayer.
- We believe in the power and spiritual necessity of sanctification
- We believe the indwelling of the Holy Spirit enables us to live a holy and separated life.
The House of Light Church was founded by Pastor Ken and Sis. Leslie Gordon in Burlington, NJ in May of 2016. This spirit-filled couple set about establishing a church, which focused on relationship, not religion and resisted judging, intolerance, and convention. After two years, the church closed when Pastor Ken took a new job and the couple relocated to Birmingham, Alabama. In Alabama, the couple opened the House of Light Church – Birmingham in May 2018.
With a heart for Good Works, the couple involved their new church in community service efforts, such as adopting a Transitional Women’s Facility, teaching community classes to low income residents, and participating in annual community Serve Day events where they gave away new and gently used clothing and household items to neighborhood families in need. After three years, the couple relocated to Charlotte, North Carolina to open a new House of Light Church location – The House of Light Church – Charlotte. The House of Light Church – Birmingham remains open and is part of the House of Light Church Ministries.
The House of Light Church has been, and will remain, consistent in several areas. The church consistently shows love and grants grace. The church consistently focuses on relationships and not religion. The church consistently focuses on the heart and not on the clothing. And, the church consistently strives for their membership to look like heaven, with people of all ages, genders, races, and backgrounds worshipping, learning, and doing good works, together.